55th Reunion News/Updates
September 25, 2017
If you're reading this, it means you've lived 3/4 of your life as alumni of Alhambra (CA) High School!! We think that's cause for celebration, so we're planning a 55th Reunion! Here are some of the details. (Read the official "snail mail" reunion information letter, in PDF format.)
Registration Form (to print and mail with check) // List of those Planning to Attend
Dates: September 28-30, 2017, with the Reunion Reception Event being held on Thursday, Sept 28th in the Garden Patio, and the Reunion Dinner on Friday, Sept 29th in the Terrace Room overlooking the Newport Beach Back Bay.
Location: The Hyatt Regency at Newport Beach on Jamboree Road which is a five minute drive to either Fashion Island or Balboa Island.
- The negotiated price per night is $159, considerably less than the last reunion. This applies to the dates of the reunion, and a couple of days before and after. The Hyatt has waived their resort fees, so the room rate includes the complimentary fitness center, golf at their 9 hole course, bicycle rental, beach kit and in-room bottled water. There is also a free hotel shuttle to/from John Wayne Airport, Newport Fashion Island, and Balboa Island.
- For more information about the hotel, amenities, location, etc., go to Hyatt Regency at Newport Beach.
- Go to Online Reservations to book your room. (For additional assistance you can also contact 888-421-1442 and reference the Alhambra HS Class of 1962 room block.) We encourage you to book your rooms early (by March or April) so we can negotiate more rooms if needed. Later in the summer it may be impossible to add more rooms at our group rate. Remember you can cancel your reservation if necessary up until a couple of days before the reunion.
- The reception on Thursday is being hosted by Lynn Adkins and Howard Wood. Hors d'oeuvres will be provided, but beverages will be available by a no-host cash bar. Our thanks for their generous contribution.
- The price of the Reunion ticket is $125/person before August 1, and $150 after. Please send a check with the
- The ticket includes dinner, entertainment, and other expenses related to organizing the reunion.
- All drinks will be via a cash bar, not included in the ticket price.
Let's Not Lose Track of Anyone!
PLEASE help us find members we've lost contact with! Due to some super-sleuthing by John Gilleland and Lorna Collins (Larry's wife), we have whittled down our lost list considerably. However, we still need help locating the rest that we've lost (they know where they are, but we don't!) If you have any information whatsoever, please send it to anyone on the committee (Read Gilgen is keeping the database.) Unfortunately, many (about 18%) of our classmates have passed on (see our Tributes page.)
You can also:
- See the Graduation Photos Gallery, taken from the Alhambran year book.
- Submit a brief biographical
sketch of yourself.
- Check out some pictures from previous
reunions in the photo gallery to get an idea what's
in store for you.
- Come back often to AHS62.COM.
- Check out the 50th Reunion party page for pictures and information about the event held on September 29, 2012 at the Balboa Bay Club.
- Check out the 45th
Reunion party page for pictures and information about the event held on September 22, 2007 at the fabulous Queen Mary in Long Beach .
- Check out the 40th
Reunion party page for pictures and information about the California Dreamin' event held on September 21, 2002 at the beautiful Waterfront Hilton Resort in Huntington Beach.